Staff Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Remote - NY, CA, MA, FL, DC, VA, MD, NC, NH, CT, GA
Salary: Competitive with similar Software Engineering roles (120k - 175K DoE)
What We’re Building + Who We Work With:
Hustle enables organizations to run large-scale text messaging campaigns by empowering their team members and volunteers to efficiently have thousands of personal 1-to-1 conversations.
Conversations driven by our platform are geared towards driving measurable meaningful outcomes such as voter turnout, event attendance, or dollars raised for clients such as Planned Parenthood, Sierra Club, the DNC, large non-profits, unions, and universities, as well as several 2020 presidential candidates.
To do that our team works on building systems that scale up 100x in a matter of hours and which are able to send 100 million messages a day. Our clients bursty appetite for Hustle requires that we are able to scale up and down two orders of magnitude quickly and efficiently at the drop of a dime so that they can reach voters, volunteers, benefactors, or attendees at the right time, with the right message, sent by the right person!
Sound interesting? Keep reading!
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with engineers on analyzing current processes, designing new processes, workflows and solutions to better automate the delivery of infrastructure and applications.
- Improve and simplify existing processes. Design and implement new processes for automated deployments of cloud based infrastructure.
- Convert airflow instance to cloud based.
- Simplify and documentation Terraform.
- Upgrade and maintenance MongoDB and Kafka.
We are looking for someone with
- Prefer development experience with: MongoDB, Kafka, Airflow, Terraform, Ansible, AWS, Docker
- Ability to effectively communicate a detailed understanding of DevOps concepts & tools.
- 4+ years of IT experience with hands-on IT DevOps experience including best practices
- Extensive DevOps design, development and support experience developing, building, and supporting automated DevOps capabilities.
- An expert understanding of DevOps automation concepts, CI/CD Pipeline configuration best practices, source code management tools, and mock server endpoints for local developer environments.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Comfortable working with a distributed, fully remote team
About The Engineering Team at Hustle
The Hustle engineering team is entirely remote. However, you would need to be in NY, CA, MA, FL, DC, VA, MD, NC, NH, CT, GA
Come help us build efficient cross-platform mobile + web applications tailored for scale and speed!